The state of Pennsylvania (pop. 12,702,379) is a mix of cities both big and small, and residents of all ages and ethnic backgrounds. The types of substance abuse found in Pennsylvania also vary greatly, but no matter what form of addiction is affecting you or your loved one, Pennsylvania drug rehab centers can help. For FREE assistance in finding the right Pennsylvania drug rehab center for you, call The Way Out today at 888-373-5963.
Pennsylvania drug and alcohol rehab works, but most addicts aren’t taking advantage of it
At The Way Out, we have been a trusted Pennsylvania drug and alcohol rehab resource for families for many years. In that time, we have seen the remarkable turnaround in the lives of our Pennsylvania drug rehab clients. When we first meet our clients, they have often given up hope – they feel trapped in a vicious cycle of self-destruction. After treatment, these clients have discovered a newfound strength inside themselves. As the days of sobriety lead to weeks and months, these former addicts typically enjoy improved physical health and appearance, better relationships with friends and families, and expanded career opportunities.
Sadly, however, drug rehab centers in Pennsylvania are not reaching enough of those who need it. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, roughly 101,000 people enter Pennsylvania drug rehab each year. That may sound like a lot of people, but consider this second statistic: there are 771,000 addicts in Pennsylvania each year who need substance abuse treatment but DON’T enter Pennsylvania drug and alcohol rehab centers.
Why would so many addicts refuse treatment that is so obviously in their best interest? The reasons are many. For one, addicts are exceptionally good at coming up with excuses for avoiding Pennsylvania drug rehab. For many addicts, living in denial is preferable to admitting that they have a problem.
Don’t make that mistake. If you’re reading this website right now, then drugs or alcohol has CLEARLY become a problem in you or your loved one’s life. The power is in your hands – make a change for the better by choosing a Pennsylvania drug rehab.
Cities and towns of all sizes need Pennsylvania drug and alcohol rehab centers
Drug addiction does not discriminate, and it’s certainly not just a big-city problem. Sure, there are addicts struggling with drugs or alcohol in large cities like Philadelphia, but there is also plenty of substance abuse happening in Pennsylvania’s smaller towns.
In the capital city of Harrisburg, for example, there are hundreds of people arrested each year on drug sale or possession charges. In 2006, Harrisburg police arrested more than 500 people for cocaine or opium possession, and another 280 were arrested for marijuana possession, according to the Office of National Drug Control Policy.
No matter where in Pennsylvania you are, the threat from addiction is REAL. In fact, many of your neighbors and co-workers may be struggling with alcoholism and drug addiction and you don’t even know it. The worst mistake would be to assume that addiction only happens to those “other people” who live on the other side of town or in a different part of the state. The answer to your problem is only a phone call away, so why not make that call today?
Drug and alcohol rehab centers in Pennsylvania is conveniently located
At The Way Out, we realize it takes courage for a family to admit that substance abuse treatment is needed. We think that courage should be rewarded – that’s why we work nonstop to make sure your search for a Pennsylvania drug rehab is as hassle-free as possible. We’ll clearly explain all the treatment details to you, answer any health insurance questions you may have, and connect you to a drug rehab in Pennsylvania that is conveniently located. Because we’ve been part of the Pennsylvania recovery community for many years, our network of high-quality Pennsylvania drug rehab centers includes facilities located in or near the state’s 10 largest cities, which are:
- Philadelphia, Zip Code 19107 (pop. 1,540,351)
- Pittsburgh, Zip Code 15222 (pop. 312,819)
- Allentown, Zip Code 18101 (pop. 111,025)
- Erie, Zip Code 16501 (pop. 103,817)
- Upper Darby Township, Zip Code 19082 (pop. 82,159)
- Reading, Zip Code 19601 (pop. 80,888)
- Scranton, Zip Code 18503 (pop. 72,026)
- Bethlehem, Zip Code 18015 (pop. 71,608)
- Lancaster, Zip Code 17603 (pop. 56,116)
- Millcreek Township, Zip Code 16506 (pop. 54,022)
Pennsylvania drug and alcohol rehab centers treats all types of addiction
Just as no two people are exactly alike, no two addicts are the same either. At The Way Out, we tailor each client’s treatment plan to his or her individual needs. No matter what form of addiction you’re dealing with, you can feel confident that we’ve handled similar issues before – with successful results. Some of the more-common types of substance abuse we treat include:
- Marijuana addiction – Pot is one of the most heavily-abused drugs in Pennsylvania. More than a million Pennsylvania residents have smoked marijuana at least once in the past year, according to the Office of National Drug Control Policy. Long-term marijuana abuse is highly dangerous, and it damages the addict both physically and psychologically.
- DXM addiction – The abuse of DXM, or Dextromethorphan, has become increasingly common in Pennsylvania. The drug has legitimate medical uses – it is found in many over-the-counter cough medications – but some have started abusing DXM for its visual hallucination and “out-of-body” sensations, according to Drug-Free Pennsylvania. Ingesting large quantities of DXM is incredibly harmful, and can cause damage to the liver.
- OxyContin addiction – Though prescription painkillers can be useful in situations such as recovering from surgery, they can be life-threatening when abused. Fatal overdoses from drugs such as OxyContin are quite common. In northeastern Pennsylvania, OxyContin abuse has grown to epidemic proportions.
Remember: ALL forms of substance abuse can be conquered, but getting clean and sober requires a team effort that includes highly trained medical staff, expert counselors, and emotional support from fellow recovering addicts. That complete team approach is what you’ll get from the Pennsylvania drug rehab centers in our network. Don’t delay the help you need any longer – call The Way Out today at 888-373-5963.